What is ePSXe Emulator?
ePSXe App is a PlayStation emulator i.e, PSX and PSOne which is a port of the famous ePSXe App for PC, Android, iOS. It provides good compatibility which is greater than 99% Accurate sound, good speed etc. This is exclusively developed for tablets and Smartphones for 1-4 players which include a two-player option with the Split screen mode. ePSXe Android is designed with the virtual touchscreen support and Hardware buttons mapping and Analog Sticks. ePSXe also supports OpenGL HD enhanced graphics, cheat codes as well as memcards and savestates. The ePSXe emulator also includes native support for the Intel Atom and ARM. ePSXe Android is one of the best emulators for Android as it provides the ability to enjoy the spectacular catalog anywhere and anytime.
In other words, you can say that ePSXe is the modest version of PlayStation One emulator which works on all Android device perfectly Without any issue the emulator allows you to play great games such as Tekken 3, Fantasy IX, Crash Bandicoot, metal Gear Solid, Ridge Racer, Syphon Filter, Final Fantasy IX etc. Depending on the gameplay, the control of the game will be pretty easy and it won’t have a good time which needs L1 and R1 buttons. As expected you can enjoy the ePSXe App more on a big screen which allows you to experience the easier controls. On this page, we have shared everything about the ePSXe Roms i.e, Permissions list, Changelog, What’s New, How to use ePSXe, Download steps etc. So, before you Download ePSXe APK for Android, PC, iOS have a glance at each and every point to gain good knowledge about the ePSXe Bios.
ePSXe Android Features
- ePSXe APK Download is free and it is a perfect emulator application.
- Free from Errors.
- Friendly user Interface.
- Any Games can be played that are available on the PlayStation.
- Multiplayer support.
- Free space of 2536 MB of RAM required.
- MultiTouch Screen Gamepad support in landscape mode.
- Pretty Touchscreen in the Portrait mode.
- Select Full-screen ratio and remove the bottom, top blank bands on Some PAL games.
- ePSXe supports many devices like Cardboard, Android TV, AutoFire etc.
- Availability to change the Disks for Multi-Disk games.
- Logo can be shown PSX during the game boot.
- ePSXe App is safe and free download.
- USB Drives can be used to load and play games.
- Files that ar stored in this app supports game in several ways.
- Multi formats system for windows fixed.
- Current version APK file just occupies 3.2 MB for Android emulator.
- Change disc for Multi Disc games.
- Disable and Enable Framelimit.
- Dynamic Touchscreen Gamepad.
- Diable and enable FrameSkip.
- PSX Bios AuoFinder.
- PPF patch Supports for translation.
- Subchannel using SBI/Sub formats.
- Zip/7z uncompressing tools.
- Supports Auto fire and Libscript.
- Android TV Support.
- Cardboard Support.
- Local Netplay.
- Display PSX logo during Game Boot.
ePSXe APK for Android
Here is the latest version ePSXe for Android APK. The ePSXe App can be installed on Android as well as Smartphone. To Download ePSXe for Android, Open your Android device —–> Go to settings ——-> Security —-> Enable unknown sources —–> Hit the below ePSXe android APK download button ——> Now, the ePSXe download process begins ——-> Wait for a couple of seconds, till the installation ends —–> On completion of the ePSXe APK download process you can open the app directly from the Homescreen.
New ePSXe iOS
The ePsxe App can be accessed on any iDevice i.e, iPhone, iPad, iPod, iTouch. To Download ePsxe for iOS, open your iDevice, hit the below button —–> Navigate to settings ——> Security ——> Enable “Trust” —–> Hit the below button ——> Now, the ePSXe for iPhone installation begins ——> Wait 2-3 minutes and do not interrupt in the middle ——> After successful installation you can find the app icon on your iDevice.
What’s New in ePSXe ROMS
- DropBox API migrated from version 1 to version2.
- More Misc fixes.
- Fixed Crashes on Gamelist Scanning.
- Optional ePsxe Plugins are available.
ePSXe App Info
|ePSXe APK Details|
|APK File Size||5.5MB|
|Latest Update On||June 16, 2017|
|Compatibility||Android, PC, iOS|
Requirements to Download ePSXe Emulator
- 1 GHZ processor Speed.
- 512 RAM.
- 3D Graphic Card and Computer Graphics Interface to display smooth graphics.
- Large HD monitor which displays HD graphics.
- CD ROM.
- USB or PSP controller which can plugin computer using the controller buttons.
More On ePSXe App
ePSXe ROM is the excellent PlayStation emulator for Android and Windows users. It is a free application which copies any software. ePSXe offers large exact sound, high Speed and good in performance. Mainly, the Android version is designed for smartphones and tablets. It runs from low end to high end on an Octa processor or Quad processor. All the games can be played up to 4 players where 2 players are included as fun players on the Split screen mode. Works quickly without any errors on your device.
ePSXe is a perfect android emulator where you can play HD games at a High speed without any delay. It is a console for all PlayStation for PC with its ePSXe Bio which operates all the latest games on Windows with the superior graphics quality. It is very very easy to use and play games on PlayStation by inserting the disc either from the DVD or CD with ISO format. The following are the other ePSXe emulator features.
Video Orientation and Aspect Ratio:
- Supports Landscape mode and multiple/ Analog/ Gun configurable touchscreen gamepad.
- The Portrait mode of the app includes pretty touchscreen Gamepad on Bottom of the screen.
- Full screen of the app has 4:3 and stretched full-screen ratio OR Widescreen.
Video Filtering and Engine:
- It has Software and Hardware GPU engine mode. Accurate and fast based GPU includes x2 resolution, FXAA shared and optimize with Neon Instructions. Include software mode for a legacy device with opengl drivers.
- OpenGL HD graphics powered by PeopsxGL plugin. Increased resolution of the game and added filtering options.
- Disable and Enable filtering for people who are waiting to see the games.
Latency and Audio Quality:
- ePSXe is an accurate Audio engine supports all the PlayStation audio effects like Volume, Noise, Modulation, Frequency etc. You can select the full audio effects depending on the speed. It is also possible to disable Audio effects to increase the emulation Speed.
- It offers several modes to manage the Audio latency between the input audio and input video. The latency mode includes the low and very low and reduces sound buffer to lower Audio latency.
- This utilizes the Big Audio buffer which provides more framerate and Speed emulation.
Input ePSXe Controls and Modes:
- ePSXe supports four players on games that support multitap. You can control the game using the Touchscreen and Hardware Key. Players can also use the external gamepads such as Bluetooth and OTG USB.
- It is really fun to use the split screen technology which includes the special two-player mode.
- This emulator emulates several kind of PSX input modes. It also supports the Digital Only Gamepad mode and DualShock mode with analog ePSXe controls.
Touch Screen Control:
The touchscreen skins support analog and digital controls. Choosing the DualShock mode using the swap mode, you can switch between the Analog and Digital. ePSXe skin can also be hidden to play the External gamepads and Hardware Keys. Users can modify the “Analog” or “Digital” skin in the editor mode to match all your requirements. With Touch Screen control you can move, Resize, hide the buttons on the Skin. It supports 6 extra touchscreen buttons to map extra emulations such as combo buttons, Sticky buttons, other special option like Save, load, State enable, Diable frame-limit etc.
USB Gamepads/ Bluetooth Hardware Buttons:
ePSXe supports the usage of hardware buttons in the tablets or Phone i.e, Archos Gamepad or Xperia Play. It can also be used with the External gamepad using the digital buttons. This also supports the digital buttons like Shoulder triggers and Analog Sticks. The ePSXe gamepad profile for include Moga, Sixaxis – PS3, Moga PRO, Nyko Gamepad PRO, Xperia Play, IPega, Xbox 360, Sixaxis, Archos, Ouya and Nvidia Shield the mapping options that permits to map any kind of supporters gamepads. It supports the mapping some buttons for additional functions like frame limit, Menu, Diable/ Enable, load/ Save states etc.
ePSXe Cheat Codes:
In order to get the cheat codes, you can download ePSXe Android Cheat codes and copy them on your device in any defined form in the configuration settings. Players can use the In-Game option i.e, Download CheatsCodes which gives the access to Big Archive of cheat codes provided by PSC data center.
ePSXe Game List:
The games on the ePSXe are provided by the users and you can also dump your own games like original CDROMs or get them from the Amazon or the eBay at a very low price. ePSXe games support the ISO format and various games. It also supports the cue/bin, cue/multi-bin, mds, img/ccd, pbp, mdf, nr, ecm, cdi and iso. It requires the games that are uncompressed on the SDCard.
MemCards and ePSXe SaveaStates:
ePSXe supports the saving memcards and ePSXe Save States. This is fully compatible with the ePSXe Windows, Linux so that you can continue the games on other devices. It is recommended to backup the saved games, especially for the memcards. It also includes the “run Bios” which provide access to the PSX memory card editor which can be used to delete and remove memcasrds. This includes the upload and Download of the Savestates and memcards to the Dropbox to share between devices.
ePSXe Permissions List
- Performance quality improved.
- It has fairly and nice interface.
- Unique opportunity to download games.
ePSXe 2.0.5 Bios
- Improved local Netplay feature by fixing some Desync problems.
- Unified X86 aND arm dynarec. This version is compatible with the local Netplay feature.
- Fixed Slowdown Bug.
- Fixed cheat codes on interpreter mode.
- Added Brazilian language.
- Fixed CPU interpreter mode on Android.
- Fixed a Bug delay branch.
- Improved GPU timing.
- Added option to PSX CPU overlock.
- Fixed covers on nvidia Shield tablet.
- Fixed Horizontal screen resolution and better centering.
- Added Support for Sub Pixel Precision for hardware renderers.
- Fixed Game The Hive and vibration on Player 1.
- Fixed game The Hive.
- Added more gamepads profile i.e, Mad, Xiomi, Catz.
- Fixed ECM indexing Block size using the MDF files.
- Fixed some crashes while Scanning game and Nexus Player in Android 6.0.
- Experimental Support local Netplay.
- Select multiplayer and localcalnet.
- Updated Opengl.
- Fixed MDEC’s in GPU x4 resolution option.
- Fixed a Bug in Medievil II Background music.
- Improved OpenGL Plugin to enhance the performance.
- Added GPU X4 option.
- Improves Some Widgets on Preference screen.
- Changed game menu to dialog mod on Android 5.0+.
- Enhanced GPU dithering on X86 version.
- Added a GPU x2 resolution option to improve 3D Graphics.
- Avery fast Phoe/ CPU is required in order to get framerates.
- Added support to rescan for games in Google device.
- Changed Menu during the Gameplay for Dialog.
- Fixed game scanner on Android 6+.
- Improved Action buttons.
- Fixed Regression and Compatibility.
- Fixed Some compatibility AMD other align problems.
- Added support to dynamic DPAD.
- Fixed “infamous” freeze Bugs.
- Fixed Super Pang Collection regression.
- It is the 1st version for Android.
- Two players split mode option available for Tablets.
- Supports new GPU core feature.
- Misc fixes core emulation.
- Change various options by default in OpenGL plugin.
- Fixed Bugs in Moga Native with axis range.
- Added combo and Extra buttons support to portrait mode.
- Updated the pad Skins.
- Better detection corrupted, incomplete PS1 Bios.
- Fixed Some crashes on Exit.
- Detection of games require files in Gamelist.
- Fixes Bugs on Gamepad analog managing the missed d-pad and left sick values on Dual Shock mode.
- Resorted Input Preferences,
- Touchscreen Gamepad is at the top level, controller renamed.
- TouchScreen may be set to player 2 or player 1.
- Added Touchscreen support.
- Added More visible options to Show/ Hide Gamepad.
- Support to add custom touchscreen skins.
- Selected memcard files on preferences and Disable/ Enable memcards.
- Improves games SDCard Scanner and scans external SDcards.
- Glconfig toolbar selecting external gamepad fixed.
- 5 Types of filters added.
- Added option to Show PSX logo.
- Fixed core bugs such as Spyro2, Crash Bash – Menu, Kids Station – Motto, Kiganjo, Spryo3 PAL and others.
- Perfect version for Android.
- Updates over the ePSXe for PC.
- Two players split mode option for Tabs available.
- New GPU core features neon support.
- Misc fixes the core emulation.
How to Download ePSXe Windows 10 7/8/8.1/10?
- Firstly, install BlueStacks latest version from the official website.
- BlueStacks is an android emulator which creates an Android environment in to install any Android application.
- Launch the App.
- On completion of installation open it.
- Search for ePSXe PC App in the Bluestacks.
- Run the ePsxe.exe file.
- Carefully, follow the instructions till you install ePsxe for PC.
- If the installation is done, you can find the App icon on the BlueStacks App Drawer.
- Tap on it.
- Select the graphics accelerator and tap on Audio Encoder.
- To configure the management, Select any plugin for CD Drive.
- Select the file tab button to Run CD image and tap on “ESC” to exit the Window from the running program.
- Finally, Save and Reboot the system.
- Open ePSXe App on your device.
- Click on “ePSXe config“.
- Select the BIOS “Scph1004”.
- Select “ePSXe Plugin” and Configure it.
- Choose Sound Plugin.
- Next, select cdrom Plugin.
- Configure Joypad or keyboard.
- Select “Done” and process to play PlayStation games.
How to use ePSXe for Android, PC, iOS?
- Complete the ePSXe Download process.
- Tap on the ePSXe App icon open it.
- Next, download the file in the compressed ZIP format.
- Unzip the compressed file.
- Activate the ePSXe emulation capabilities by getting the PSX BIOS files.
- Install ePSXe Plugins.
- Make sure that the emulator displays graphics, sounds correctly through the computer.
- Configure ePSXe emulator.
- Double tap on the executable file and run the emulator.
- Click on “Skip Config” button instead of customizing the configuration.
- Configure game controller or you can configure keys on Keyboard.
- Now, start playing the game.
- Insert the game CD in the CD drive of your computer.
- Navigate to the Menu and select run CDROM.
- That’s it. Carefully follow the instructions and enjoy playing all your favorite games.
How to Apply ePSXe Cheat Codes?
- Launch some game.
- Select the menu or back button to access options.
- Tap on “Cheat Codes” —–> You will receive a popup “No cheat codes found for the game”.
- Select “Download”.
- Wait till you see “ePSXe Cheat Codes Downloaded“.
- Again go to “Cheat Codes” and observe complete list there.
- Enable the checkbox and keep check on it and tap on “Apply”.
- This is how you should use ePSXe cheats while playing games.
- Digimon World.
- Digimon World.
- FIFA Soccer 2005.
- Jackie Chan Stuntmaster.
- Final Fantasy VII
- Bloody Roar II.
- Vigilante 8.
- NASCAR Rumble
- Forbidden Memories.
- Crash Bandicoot CTR – Crash Team Racing.
- Final Fantasy VIII.
- WWF SmackDown! 2 – Know Your Role
- Tenchu 2 – Birth of the Stealth Assassins.
- Twisted Metal.
- Resident Evil 2.
- Dino Crisis 2
- Dragon Ball GT – Final Bout.
- Marvel vs. Capcom – Clash of Super-Heroes.
- Brigandine – The Legend of Forsena.
- Suikoden II.
ePSXe Black Screen
- If you want to use the ePSXe, tap on Options —–> CPU —-> Overlocking —-> Tap on 1X.
- If it doesn’t work, download ePSXe emulator latest version.
- Install Visual Basic 5.0 and runtime files.
- May be this problem with windows occurs from the nonexistence of VBS 5.
- If you still get the ePSXe black screen, make sure that the set up of your graphics plugin.
- Otherwise to eliminate this problem, use the BIN and CUE instead of ISO even though you select “run ISO”.
ePSXe Full Screen
Open the ePSXe emulator —-> Click on “Config” ——> Select “Video”, Tap on “Pete’s OpenGL Driver” select “Configure” —–> Now, “Configure Pete’s PSX OpenGL Renderer” opens —-> Tap on circle next to “Full Screen mode” —–> Select “Desktop Resolution” —–> Select the recommended resolution for computer such as “1920×1080” ——-> Type “1440” and “1080” in the Window size —> Tick mark the box next to the “Use the Window Size in Full Screen Mode” —-> For Internal X resolution select “2”- —-> “Screen Filtering” to apply full screen filter to get the best graphic settings on your ePSXe fullscreen.
In addition to the ePSXe plugins, you can also download the Shaders plugin for the ePSXe. The shaders create the brighter and stronger Shader colors in the 3D graphics of PlayStation games to improve the image character background. To enable ePSXe Shaders, Tap on Configure —-> Select video —–> Configure Pete PSX OpenGL Renderer —–> Tap on the box which is next to “Shader Effects” ——-> From the drop-down menu select Shader effect —-> Select Option “4” —–> “Yes” —> Yes pixel Shader for PSX texture Window emulator.
How to Set ePSXe Bios File on PlayStation?
- Firstly, unlock your device to set Bios ePSXe.
- Next, locate the ePSXe emulator app.
- Tap on the emulator folder.
- Now, the Bios ePSXe opens and it will ask for BIOS file.
- To select ePSXe BIOS File manually, click on “Preferences”.
- The menu screen opens, look for BIOS file.
- Tap on the very first option available in the BIOS preferences list.
- After ePSXe bios download, a new screen will bring you to select the directory.
- In order to find the general memory folder, tap on “Parent Directory”.
- From there select either internal or SD card.
- Select SD card and locate the bios for ePSXe file.
- To find the BIOS file tap on “ROMs”.
- From there tap on labeled “PSX”.
- Now select BIOS and the BIOS file has been set.
- A black bar will appear at the screen bottom, tap on “Preferences Saved”.
- That’s it, the BIOS file is set, then run all your favorite games on ePSXe emulator.
How to fix “ePSXe has stopped working” Error?
- If you found some error like “ePSXe not working” you need to update to the latest version.
- For that simply to the app and find the latest version.
- Uninstall the old version and update it to the new version.
- Restart the device and start using the app.
- By doing like this, you can resolve the issues like ePSXe not responding easily.
Conclusion on ePSXe Android:
On this page, we have shared the direct link for ePSXe Download Android which is the official and updated version. So, simply click on the above green button to experience the wonderful software. Using the ePSXe emulator you can play an unlimited number of games on Android, Windows, iOS. The emulator enhances the gaming experience by improving the graphics and sounds o PSOne and PSX. We hope this tutorial on ePSXe bios will be useful for everyone.